Blackthorn Village Hall
WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
Copyright 2014, Blackthorn Village Hall - All rights reserved
1. Any parties for persons under 18 must have a supervising adult in charge on the
premises at all times.
2. We have neighbours so every effort should be made to keep noise to an
3. Every effort will be made to hand the hall to you in a clean and tidy state; the Hirer
must ensure that it is handed back in the same condition or a further charge may be
made for cleaning. Refuse should be placed in the bins outside or taken home.
4. There is a NO SMOKING policy throughout the premises. Receptacles with sand are
provided outside for extinguishing cigarettes.
5. All bookings shall normally end at midnight, so clearing up must be done before
that time or arrangements made for the following morning, if available.
6. Alcohol may be brought onto the premises by the hirer or their caterers. If alcohol
is to be sold the hirer is responsible for obtaining a Temporary Event Notice from
Cherwell District Council (link to TEN).
7. The use of sticky tape, glue, nails or drawing pins is not permitted except on notice
boards. If you need to hang something on the walls please use blu-tack or discuss
with the committee beforehand.
8. Hirers should leave the hall secure, windows and doors locked and return the keys
promptly to the bookings secretary.
9. The floor of the main hall is laminate and care must be taken to protect this.
Please ask your guests not to wear stilettos.
10. Each group leader must be aware of, and convey to their group, the rules
covering use of the hall and of the fire procedures.
11. The group leader is responsible for getting out, and returning, any equipment
12. Any maintenance issues should be brought to the attention of the bookings
secretary at hand back.
13. No animals allowed on the premises, except guide dogs.
14. Care should be taken when using the audio visual equipment. If you are
unfamiliar with its use the committee can arrange for a short demonstration prior to
Half day (4 hrs)
As a community facility we wish to encourage use of the village hall by local
residents, our rates are therefore split into different categories and sessions.
Full day (8 hrs)
Local resident /
External resident /
1. Bookings will only be accepted from persons over the age of 18.
2. Hirers shall pay the fees due as they collect the keys, along with a £20 deposit
against replacement or repair of any loss or damage. The deposit will be returned
within 7 days.
3. Cancellations – please advise the booking secretary promptly if you need to cancel
your booking. Deposits will be refunded if the Hall is required to be used as a polling
station on the selected day or the hall becomes unusable.
Hire Charges per Session
1. Ensuring the General Rules covering the use of the hall are complied with.
2. Supervising the activities and behaviour of your group.
3. Protecting the fabric and contents of the hall, to avoid unnecessary damage.
4. Supervising car parking arrangements to avoid obstruction of the highway.
5. Obtaining any licences necessary in connection with the booking; other than those
already held by Blackthorn Village Hall.
6. Complying with the conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by
the Fire Authority and Local Government Authority.
7. Ensuring the hall is not used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way and
that your group do not bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the
*premises to be vacated and locked by midnight.
We have audio visual equipment available, but please advise us if you wish to use it.
A £20 deposit to secure a booking is required at the time of booking and will be
returned after use providing no damage has occurred.
If you wish to hire the hall for regular sessions a special event or for a longer period
of time please contact us to discuss how we can work together.
Please read the rules of hire thoroughly
We rely on your co-operation to keep
the hall runing smoothly and
economically so please be aware of
your responsibiolitties if you hire the
If you have any questions regarding the
rates and rules, please contact us by
any of the methods on the Contacts